Motta Coffee Leveling Tool - 57mm
Motta has specialised in manufacturing high-quality stainless steel brewing equipment since 1967 and we’re delighted to offer a limited supply of their espresso leveling tools on our webshop!
At 57mm, it is designed to fit perfectly in a portafilter for the Sage Dual Boiler Espresso Machine and reduce channelling in your espresso shots.
What is channeling and why should I avoid it?
Channeling is when water flows through your portafilter through the path of least resistance, as opposed to evenly flowing through the bed of coffee.
For example, if you notice that water seems to pass through your shot in one area faster than another, your shot is channeling and NOT extracting as evenly as it should. This often results in a shot which lacks clarity of flavour and tastes a bit muddy.
This levelling tool will ensure that your shots are as consistent as possible, helping you to get the clear flavours you want every time you make an espresso!
How to use it:
- Grind your coffee and place it in your portafilter as usual.
- Place the leveling tool on top of your coffee and twist it.
- The angled bottom of the leveling tool will evenly distribute the coffee in your portafilter.
- Put the portafilter in your machine and enjoy your evenly extracted espresso!
HINT: you can also tamp your coffee before leveling it for even better results.
The technical stuff:
- 57mm in diameter (and perfect for the Sage Dual Boiler Espresso Machine!)
- Angled underside for even extraction
- Made of stainless steel and plastic
Any questions? Feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll happily send you the answers you need!